CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 19, 2011

Yummy treats....

First, let me start by saying that I am in much better spirits this week. I think watching my Love and Lovebug open their Christmas gifts from me on top of doing some Christmas baking helped push my blues away!!!!

Below is an A-Mazing recipe that I found last year (yes, I was living under a rock since this has been around forever). I actually remember when I worked in the pharmacy in CVS in high school that one of our customers brought us this treat and I LOVED it, but could never remember what it was. Well....last  year I found it!
Saltine Cracker Toffee!!!!!!

Amazing, you seriously must try this. It is a sweet salty combo that is ridiculously easy to make. I think in total I spent 30 minutes makes 2 batches of this stuff.

Here is the recipe:

40 ish saltine crackers
2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 400 degress. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Align your crackers in a single layer to cover the cookie sheet.
In a pot boil your butter and brown sugar. Once you have it boiling, let it boil for 3 minutes. Stir the whole time so it doesn't burn.
Next, pour this carmal/toffe mixture over your crackers and spread to evenly coat each cracker. Stick the pan in the oven for 5 minutes. It should get bubbly and hot.
Once out of the over, immediatly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the entire pan. I let mine sit for a minute or two after that. Then you can spread the chocolate to cover the entire pan.
Let sit for a few hours until the chocolate sets, then break into whatever size piece you would like.

Not my picture....I'm lazy sometimes :)
Warning: This stuff is addicting! Seriously. I've seen it called crack on a few sites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment