CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Soap Box

CAUTION: Opinions galore below!!!

Ok, I have to get somethings off my chest, and this is not pointed at anyone in particular, just a blanket rant :)

First, I grew up (almost literally) in a great church. My mom used to be the co-director of children services and I was there constantly. Now, I don't know if this is the reason, or because I have AMAZING parents who taught me this, but I have a HUGE passion for following the Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would want done unto you" I follow this rule like it is going out of style. Especially when it comes to big events. Even more so, when it comes to my best friends.

I have had many, many friends over my lifetime. I have also had many, many experiences to show me who my true friends are.At this point in my life, I don't have a ton of friends, but three extremely wonderful ladies who I would not be able to live without.
 Jessica

 Shelly

Katie



 I love them dearly and would do ANYTHING for them. I know (at some point, since all three rarely answer their phones ;) that they would drop everything and come running should I ask.

What really gets to me are those who don't appreciate what they have and can't see the bigger picture. If you are going to be a friend, be a true friend. Love, respect, honor, and care for those people in your life. God put them there for a reason and understand that friendships don't come lightly.

I have know Katie since we were 5, Jessica since we were 12, and Shelly for the past 6 years. To not go completely out of my way and do everything I can to honor them or show them how much they are loved just wouldn't fly for me. Now, I know that not everyone was brought up the way that I was. I can't begin to count how blessed I am to have grown up in the home that I did. However, common courtesy and respect for your friends should not be hard.

I have been told at one time that I have a high standard in friendship. I don't necessarily agree, I just expect for my friends to treat me how I treat them. Relationships, no matter what kind are 50/50. It is not 90/10. You get back what you give. That's just how it should be. Now, don't get me wrong. We all make mistakes and that is a given. I am most certainly NOT perfect in any way, shape, or form. However, when these occurrences happen over and over again, you should really question what type of relationship you have with a person. As these three friends know, I have done that many times over the past years.Why should you hang on and try so hard in a friendship when you just get nothing back? Is it worth your heartache? I want to know that I could do the worst things possible, and at the end of the day my true friends are still there for me and love me for who I am deep down.



At the end of it all, understand how lucky you are to have the friends that you do have in your life. Treat those relationships with kindness, understanding, love, and respect and treat them how you would want to be treated.

Ok, I'm done. Whooo that helped. I'll try and update about the shower tomorrow :)

Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment