CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bake for a Cause

This weekend was JAM PACKED! I was busy busy busy.

The big thing I did this weekend was help Amanda from iambaker. A few weeks ago she announced that she would take nominations from people who would want cookies to help brighten some one's day. She received over 165 nominations and couldn't turn any of them down. So she called out for volunteers to help and I jumped on! Here are the cookies that I made this weekend.

I used Sugarbelle's Chocolate Roll Out Cookies recipe. They're really easy and taste like brownie cookies.

Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and dark corn syrup.

Next slowly add the dry ingredients.

While making the cookies, I also made some new baby cookies for my mom to take to a friend.







After piping the background.

The finished product. This was the first time that I tried brush embroidery and I LOVE it. I was super easy and really makes the cookies look fancy.




I added edible pearls for the centers of the flowers. Now, on to shipping them and hopefully putting a smile on a stranger's face :)

This weekend I also got to babysit my two favorite kids. I didn't realize how much I missed them and it will be another month before I see them again. With the wedding at the end of the month, my weekends are booked solid!

Today I got to celebrate with my bestie at her fiance's family's bridal shower. It was lovely and it warmed my heart to see how much they love her and make her a part of their family. 4 weeks until the wedding, woohooo!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and have a fabulous week!



Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment