CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Fun

Wow, what a busy but fun weekend. It has been probably the best weekend I have had in a long time. I didn't go out and do anything special, but my weekend was extremely productive and I spent some great quality time with my family.

Friday night I went and had Mexican with my daddy and then went to the store. I love getting to spend time with him :)

Saturday I woke up planning to work on the house, but since my mom has been stuck in the house for the past two weeks because of her surgery, I got her out and about. We went to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby, and picked up a few things for the shower in two weeks and then we went and had lunch with my sister here:

Yummy! My sister knows how to serve some BBQ. Then my mom and I went to TJ Maxx. Unfortunately I am having trouble finding dresses for all of the showers/luncheons/rehearsal dinner I have coming up. I may end up having to order something.
My favorite thing about summer is when my dad cooks out on the grill. Last night for dinner my sister came up and my dad grilled some steaks and potatoes with fresh asparagus and a fruit salad. It was divine and I LOVED it :)

Today was a very productive day. I worked in the yard ALL. DAY. LONG!!!!! My mom and I went to Home Depot to pick up some flowers and soil and I got to work. My dad came out and trimmed all of the bushes and then because of his bad back, I went behind him and collected all of the scraps. I planted the flowers and got the yard looking good. I started covering the islands by the mail box in weed blocker, but ended up running out of stakes, so I'll have to finish that tomorrow. We should then be getting a couple of pallets of mulch soon, and the yard will look brand new! Here are a few projects my mom and I worked on last night/yesterday.


Momma's Twila (terra cotta "person")

Then, while planting my flowers, I got the BEST surprise...

A ladybug landed on the flowers I was planting. While out cleaning up the yard, two ladybugs landed on me and I saw at least half a dozen more. If you have ever seen Under the Tuscan Sun, you will understand my fascination with ladybugs (added to the fact that I was a Phi Mu and ladybugs are our mascot). Seeing ladybugs and even more when they land on you is supposed to be really lucky. Well, I certainly could use that luck :)

I feel rejuvenated looking forward to this week. It has been SO amazingly beautiful and I can't wait for spring to be in full bloom. Hope y'all had as great a weekend as I did!

Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment