CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Randomness

- Sorry for the ugliness of the blog, I'm still tweaking it and since I don't have my laptop, it's hard to fix it. OK! All fixed!!!!

Ok, so the last few days have been crazy busy and I now don't have my laptop until Friday. So here is a makeshift post to update!

Monday was a normal Monday, except I was excited to start my new schedule (it's only a 30 minute difference, but it will still help).Then some big storms passed through.

They predicted all weekend that they would be intense with a possibility of tornadoes and would hit around time for afternoon rush hour. Sure enough, as I was leaving work earlier than usually the skies were all dark and gloomy. The farther north I drove the darker it became. I could tell that I was driving straight into it, oh yippee. Now, those who know me know that I LOVE storms, and this really wasn't any different. I get so excited when a storm comes! So I'm on the highway passing my old exit when I hear something. I roll down my window (it hadn't started raining yet) and hear the sirens. Now, when our sirens go off it means one of two things; either a thunderstorm warning or a tornado warning. So I call my dad and ask him what is going on with the weather and he says "There is a tornado warning for Cobb and Cherokee County". Where do you think I am? That's right, crossing the border between the two counties. So I ask him what I should do and he tells me to pull over. There was not where to pull over so he says to go under an overpass. However, no one else was stopping and I REALLY wanted to see how long it would take me to get home with my new schedule. So I keep going. Well the rain starts and it is really heavy and my tires officially stink so at times I'm sliding all over. But, I stay on the road and get to my street about 45 minutes from the time I left. I'm so excited to think that I will be getting home around 5 instead of 6. Then, I turn onto my street...cars are DEAD STOPPED. Now mind you, this is a backwoods two lane road that does not get a ton of traffic. So I sit and think maybe an ostrich got out (again, yes, I'm serious, an ostrich).


However, after 15 minutes of not moving, I see some flashing lights. There is an accident blocking both lanes of traffic. Again, I call my dad and ask if there is an alternate route to the neighborhood. There is not. So, I get out my handy dandy iPhone and look at the maps to see if there is another way. Lucky me I find one. I'm so excited!! I make a 3 point turn and am on my way. Then my luck turns south. It's a gravel/dirt/mud road and with my little accord I knew I would get stuck. So I go back to sit and wait :( 30 minutes later we are on our way! So, the point of this really long story is that my first day of getting home early took me longer than normal on a Monday. Oh, well!

Now for yesterday. My mom had to have knee replacement surgery yesterday and will be in the hospital until at least Thursday. She went through the surgery great! She even walked 80 feet hours after surgery which is AMAZING. So after work yesterday I made a stop to get flowers, a balloon, and some goodies and then spent some time with her. Then traffic was horrible again and I got home around 7:30. Tonight is another night at the hospital and I get to see my sissy so I'm excited about that.

I think my overall frustration is that I am so tired of living so far away from everything. It's nice to live at home and save some money, but I'm already ready to be on my own again. I guess I should get my butt moving in getting in touch with my loan officer and actually going to look at houses. Maybe next week, when it's not so crazy. Hope you all have a wonderful beginning of the week. Sorry this ended up being so long :)

Two good things from the past two days: My mom's surgery going so well and my best friend loving  my mom and I's shower invitations!

Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment