CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

30 Day Shred

Ok, so laziness is OVER! The month leading up to the wedding I took a break from my 5k training because I was so busy and then the past month I have been busy with unexpected things and laziness has set back in. Well....no more! I've got 40 more pounds to go and I am determined to get as close to that as possible before my cousin's wedding at the end of August.





I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred months and months ago, but I don't have a ton of room in by bedroom to do the workout so I hadn't tried it until Tuesday night. My parents are out of town so I knew I would have the den to myself, so I moved the furniture around and popped in the DVD.

WOW!!!!! Totally kicked my butt! It's only 20 minutes and it is old school moves like jumping jacks, lunges, squats, jumping rope, boxing, push ups, etc. but boy oh boy was it more difficult than I thought. I am still incredibly sore today (which is a good and bad sign, right?). I took last night off so that my muscles could relax and I plan on doing it again tonight, even though my legs are still killing me.

So...the countdown begins, I have rougly 12 weeks to lose another 40 pounds. I won't be upset with myself if I don't quite reach that goal, but I want to work as close to it as possible. I'm really proud of myself so far, but I don't want to quit until I reach that ultimate goal. I know my body can do it because I've been there before and I WILL be there again :)

I do hope to hop back into my 5k training, however, it is unseasonably hot down here and the snakes are out in full force in the boonies so I'm nervous to run in my neck of the woods (almost literally). I'm thinking of buying a used treadmill and setting it up in my room (if I can convince my mother), then I would like to get back on board and train to run a 5k. We'll see how the next few weeks go. Alrighty...wish me luck tonight :)

Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment